Wednesday, October 29, 2008

in which she describes insanity.

Favorite Moment of the Day: The woman in front of me in line at the post office today had very short hair and was decked out in a purple Minnesota Vikings sweatshirt and matching yellow baseball hat. After I purchased my stamps for my irregularly shaped envelopes (Halloween cards, of course!), I watched the Lady Vikings fan climb into a black PT Cruiser. The stereo on the vehicle was cranked so loud I could fully recognize Gwen Stefani's "Rich Girl" as I passed on the sidewalk. My favorite part of this scene? The little girl in the front seat, about 12 years old with some of the chubbiest cheeks I've ever seen, dancing and singing along like there was no tomorrow/like this was her American Idol audition. I absolutely love unchecked enthusiasm.

Runner Up: Coming home to find the squirrels diligently eating my decorative indian corn. I yelled at them. They challenged me with their eyes. I put pepper on my faux-cornucopia. I win. For now.

Honorable Mention: For my trip to the post office, I kind of dressed like a flamboyant hobo. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer Renee said...

i love your day...much more entertaining than mine :)

Francis M Childs said...

But...the pepper will result in sneezing squirrels. Who wants squirrel snot all over their lawn?

Olivia said...

Please post photos of what a flamboyant hobo looks like -- all my imagination can muster is glittery flannel and possibly a boa.

I love catching people in moments where they're not self conscious, too! But I don't understand why seasoning corn would make it any less tasty for squirrels...