Friday, February 20, 2009

spoiled millionaire

Today is the day my love for movies comes in confict with....my love for movies.

I am over the moon that Slumdog Millionaire is getting all of this press and that more people are getting exposed to this wonderful story.  Its great to see the actors in all of these interviews all over the place too. (coughcoughdevpatelisdreamycoughcough)

However, I'm a little disappointed at the film clip they choose to show as a teaser on all of these talk shows!  They choose a scene that comes very near the end of the movie.  Its the scene that the whole film is building towards.  I remember watching it for the first time and bursting into tears when Jamal phone's a friend.  Its a wonderful moment of pay off after two hours of waiting.  

I'm happy for the publicity, but hope the careful cinematic build up isn't being spoiled by some unthoughtful PR choice.

Okay, rant over.  :)  GO SEE SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE!

No comments: