Thursday, February 5, 2009

birthday.

I am completely overwhelmed and surprised by the outpouring of positive messages on my "silver jubilee."

And I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but.....when did I become the person who gets so many birthday greetings?

Sure, you can pin it on facebook; but I've been on facebook for (more than) a while and I wouldn't say facebook is that different than it was a year ago.

Hmmm.  I didn't think this out before I started typing. 

My initial reaction is "Things can change a lot in 10 years," but its not even that, its more like "Things can change a lot in 3 years."

All those old stories that say high school is the best part of your life are crazy.  Growing up was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I'm thinking a lot about self-actualization and stereotypes and boxes (the metaphorical kind, not the packing kind).  I'm just not sure how to put it into words.

No comments: