Thursday, November 20, 2008

she came out west to find the sun...

So, Olivia tagged me with this meme, and of course, I have no self control and must complete it immediately.  That being said, some trivia before we get going.....

Number of Items in Itunes Library:  4363
Days of Constant Play (if attempted): 11.2
Approximately 17.6 GBs

Now, on to the show...

Step 1: Put your music player on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4:  Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly (No lyric hunting! That is cheating! Boo to cheating!)

**Final Comments**  
1.) Any instrumental pieces will be listed where they came in the playlist, but I won't ask you to guess them. :)  
2.) Its quite possible I won't know some of the stuff that comes up.  I collect a lot of music, but keep a small portion on frequent rotation.  (It's like clothes really, you wear 80% of what you own, 20% of the time.) 
3.) My ipod & computer have a penchant for Christmas music.  It cannot be explained.
4.) (Knowing who reads this) You're probably not going to believe me when I say this, but I'm a bit of an emo kid. XD

Alrighty....BEGIN! 

1.  Paper bags and plastic hearts
2.  Far past these roads, there is a place
3.  Hey hey, if we can find a way out of these problems
4.  When I die and they lay me to rest
5.  We're gonna go to the club and get crump with Britney!
6.  My baby don't mess around because she loves me so
7.  Save me from this prison, Lord help me get away
8.  No one told me the right way, the right way to go about this
9.  Lift me up, take me high
10. Hundreds of miles, yeah you cry like a baby
11. She got outta town, on a railway New York bound
12. When are ya gonna come down
13. Welcome friends, to Janice's party
14.  Echo, echo, we come and we go
15.  I remember, I was small, seeing Santa at the mall
16.  Angels we have heard on high
17.  I see the way he treats you
18.  Flirting with disaster
19.  Raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens!
20.  I was gonna spell it out, in detail but
**Instrumental Bonus: "I Miss You" by Incubus, as done by the Vitamin String Quartet**
21.  Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks
22.  From time to time, I have regrets
23.  Uptown walks in the afternoon
**Mash-up Bonus: The Quiet Screaming - Legion of Doom ("The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" by Brand New vs. "Screaming Infidelities" by Dashboard Confessional) **  
24. Have yourself a merry little Christmas
25. I've been here before, a few times
**Cuz I Love It Bonus: I keep a close watch on this heart of mine**

Parting Note: Entry title is the opening line of my favorite song.  Ever. 

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I wish I knew the first one! I'm going to look it up right after this. Here are my guesses:

10. I Know I Know I Know, Tegan and Sara
16. Angels We Have Heard On High (hehehe)
17. That song from Center Stage that I can't remember!
19. My Favorite Things, Julie Andrews

I already took one easy one, so I won't take the other one...

Fun list! :)